an After abortion

REAL, CONFIDENTIAL, FREE, NON-JUDGMENTAL HELP TO AVOID ABORTION, FROM MANY PLACES:
3,400 confidential and totally free groups to call and go to in the U.S...1,400 outside the U.S. . . . 98 of these in Canada.
Free, financial help given to women and families in need.More help given to women, families.
Helping with mortgage payments and more.More help.
The $1,950 need has been met!CPCs help women with groceries, clothing, cribs, "safe haven" places.
Help for those whose babies haveDown Syndrome and Other Birth Defects.
CALL 1-888-510-BABY or click on the picture on the left, if you gave birth or are about to and can't care for your baby, to give your baby to a worker at a nearby hospital (some states also include police stations or fire stations), NO QUESTIONS ASKED. YOU WON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE or even have to tell your name; Safehaven people will help the baby be adopted and cared for.

Monday, April 7, 2003



Another abortion song

Diotima pointed this song out late last week apropros of the discussion about abortion in art.

The song is by Ben Folds Five and is called Brick.

they call her name at 7:30
I pace around the parking lot
then I walk down to buy her flowers
And sell some gifts that I got
Can't you see
It's not me you're dying for.

Ben Folds says that the song is autobiographical, about an abortion his girlfriend got in high school.

On one message board about the song, a young man writes:

"Having been through the same situation, I immediately fell in love with this song. At the time, I didn't know if it was truly about abortion or not, but to me it was. Later, I saw an interview with Ben Folds and he said that it was indeed about a teen couple having an abortion. (He didn't say if it was him or not at that time). In high school, my girlfriend and I went through a similar situation. I didn't want her to get an abortion, but she did. I'm sure I probably said the same thing in my mind; telling the baby that it wasn't me doing this. Like the girl in the song, she also did not deal well with the aftermath of the abortion. She retreated into herself so that when we were together, she was alone, and I was alone. Her guilt and sorrow over what she had done weighed me down like a brick. Being with her just made me sink further into an ocean of dispair and depression. I did the only thing that one CAN do. I dropped the brick and resurfaced."

Men feel like men when they protect and provide.






0 comment(s): (ANONYMOUS ok -but mind our rules, please)                                      << HOME