an After abortion

REAL, CONFIDENTIAL, FREE, NON-JUDGMENTAL HELP TO AVOID ABORTION, FROM MANY PLACES:
3,400 confidential and totally free groups to call and go to in the U.S...1,400 outside the U.S. . . . 98 of these in Canada.
Free, financial help given to women and families in need.More help given to women, families.
Helping with mortgage payments and more.More help.
The $1,950 need has been met!CPCs help women with groceries, clothing, cribs, "safe haven" places.
Help for those whose babies haveDown Syndrome and Other Birth Defects.
CALL 1-888-510-BABY or click on the picture on the left, if you gave birth or are about to and can't care for your baby, to give your baby to a worker at a nearby hospital (some states also include police stations or fire stations), NO QUESTIONS ASKED. YOU WON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE or even have to tell your name; Safehaven people will help the baby be adopted and cared for.

Friday, May 9, 2003



A bulge in the belly

"Though never born, Conner Peterson has achieved remarkable fame. In four
months, the fetus has gone from being the bulge in the belly of his
famously missing mother, Laci, to being Conner the unborn son, a murder
victim who surfaced on a California beach last month."

That's from Newsday. Do you think Laci Peterson used to look down at the bulge in her belly and wonder what that was all about? Did she perhaps worry that she was growing a tumor?

Can a fetus like Laci's sue? is a surprisingly good review of the issues in this debate.

Why does it bother me so much when people de-humanize this little boy?

Maybe I'd feel the same way I do if I hadn't aborted my own child, and too late recognized her as my child.

But I think I have some special anger. Perhaps it is related to a family member who ridiculed me when I told her that I have experienced grief about what I did and about the death of my child. I wish that my own parents and siblings recognized my child as a child of our family. When people speak of Conner Peterson as if he were not real, it reminds me of my private sadness.

0 comment(s): (ANONYMOUS ok -but mind our rules, please)                                      << HOME