an After abortion

REAL, CONFIDENTIAL, FREE, NON-JUDGMENTAL HELP TO AVOID ABORTION, FROM MANY PLACES:
3,400 confidential and totally free groups to call and go to in the U.S...1,400 outside the U.S. . . . 98 of these in Canada.
Free, financial help given to women and families in need.More help given to women, families.
Helping with mortgage payments and more.More help.
The $1,950 need has been met!CPCs help women with groceries, clothing, cribs, "safe haven" places.
Help for those whose babies haveDown Syndrome and Other Birth Defects.
CALL 1-888-510-BABY or click on the picture on the left, if you gave birth or are about to and can't care for your baby, to give your baby to a worker at a nearby hospital (some states also include police stations or fire stations), NO QUESTIONS ASKED. YOU WON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE or even have to tell your name; Safehaven people will help the baby be adopted and cared for.

Saturday, May 31, 2003



The hardest thing I have ever done.

A story from the May 31 Guardian, this is a first-hand account of a married woman who aborted her 23-week-old fetus upon learning he had Down's Syndrome.

"I have horrible thoughts. I think the whole experience has made me a
pretty nasty person. As though I went power mad for a week, killing my
innocent unborn child, and now I am tainted for ever. I am a darker,
harder version of myself. I give pregnant women dirty looks. I get
terribly irritated by my close friends and family. I've realised that
being a nice person is a luxury some can't afford. Being generous and
kind generally happens only when you're happy. Being deeply unhappy and
kind to others at the same time is nigh on impossible. Because, when
you're angry with the world for dealing you such a shit time, you begin
to hate the people who populate it. And attribute some blame to them.
The "why me?" factor is very strong. Why me and not you, you bastard?"

Please read the entire story.

Note the role played by hospital personnel in this abortion.

The hospital seems to not have mentioned adoption, or the fact that thousands and thousands of families are registered who would have been ecstatic and delighted to have welcomed this child into their family.



0 comment(s): (ANONYMOUS ok -but mind our rules, please)                                      << HOME