an After abortion

REAL, CONFIDENTIAL, FREE, NON-JUDGMENTAL HELP TO AVOID ABORTION, FROM MANY PLACES:
3,400 confidential and totally free groups to call and go to in the U.S...1,400 outside the U.S. . . . 98 of these in Canada.
Free, financial help given to women and families in need.More help given to women, families.
Helping with mortgage payments and more.More help.
The $1,950 need has been met!CPCs help women with groceries, clothing, cribs, "safe haven" places.
Help for those whose babies haveDown Syndrome and Other Birth Defects.
CALL 1-888-510-BABY or click on the picture on the left, if you gave birth or are about to and can't care for your baby, to give your baby to a worker at a nearby hospital (some states also include police stations or fire stations), NO QUESTIONS ASKED. YOU WON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE or even have to tell your name; Safehaven people will help the baby be adopted and cared for.

Saturday, April 10, 2004



Happy Easter Vigil.

I'm going to a sunrise service in the morning. Usually I go to the Easter Vigil--it starts in my parish in ten minutes! I'll be praying for the five people in our small parish who are being received into our Church tonight.

I wish and hope that my dear blog readers would share my sense of deep contentment this evening.

My daughter got back a little bit ago from picking up extra yeast from my Mom, so that I could make another batch of hot cross buns. In the morning, two of my children will drive around and drop off batches of these buns with some of our local friends.

I can't recall making hot cross buns before. We usually make braided loaves. These have cinnamon in the dough and we are using cranberries instead of currants (because I couldn't find currants).

We're also making a batch of Pasqua Cheese to go with the buns--and also to go with the brioche that my dear mother is making to bring over in the afternoon.

The recipe we are using for Pasqua Cheese comes from an Arizona cookbook, courtesy of the cooks at Taliesin West, Frank Lloyd Wright's winter home near Scottsdale. This recipe involves blending (cuisinarting) cottage cheese, sour cream, butter, ground almonds, freshly grated lemon peel and vanilla. Raisins are then added (except I used cranberries instead). The whole mixture is poured into a linen towel sitting in a colander. The colander sits over a plate to catch the drips. A plate is placed on top of the mixture and weights are added. It's sitting in our refrigerator. Totally yum.

My husband has built an early season fire in the fireplace and simultaneously is conducting an outdoor burn to help with a prairie area he wants to help nurture. My son and a friend are helping. They just came in, excited about helping with a great big and yet allowed fire.

I'm simultaneously reading two books, a thriller, In the Night Season and The Mistress of Husaby: Volume Two of the Kristin Lavransdatter trilogy.

They are both gripping. I've never done that before--read two very absorbing books at the same time. I highly recommend the Kristin Lavransdatter series.

0 comment(s): (ANONYMOUS ok -but mind our rules, please)                                      << HOME