an After abortion

REAL, CONFIDENTIAL, FREE, NON-JUDGMENTAL HELP TO AVOID ABORTION, FROM MANY PLACES:
3,400 confidential and totally free groups to call and go to in the U.S...1,400 outside the U.S. . . . 98 of these in Canada.
Free, financial help given to women and families in need.More help given to women, families.
Helping with mortgage payments and more.More help.
The $1,950 need has been met!CPCs help women with groceries, clothing, cribs, "safe haven" places.
Help for those whose babies haveDown Syndrome and Other Birth Defects.
CALL 1-888-510-BABY or click on the picture on the left, if you gave birth or are about to and can't care for your baby, to give your baby to a worker at a nearby hospital (some states also include police stations or fire stations), NO QUESTIONS ASKED. YOU WON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE or even have to tell your name; Safehaven people will help the baby be adopted and cared for.

Friday, April 30, 2004



More feedback on the March.

A member at Live Journal has asked people who participated in the March for Women's Lives on Sunday to offer feedback on how they and others around them responded to the small groups of pro-life witnesses, silently holding various signs, including some that read "I regret my abortion".

The whole thread is of interest. I was particularly moved by this young person's experience:

I was at the march, and when my section of the crowd started walking by the first section of pro-lifers (the silent, stoic type), the pro-choicers changed their chant to "Pro-life, that's a lie! You don't care if women die!" It was chanted loudly and in the general direction of the pro-lifers. I automatically started chanting it, too, while simultaneously thinking that I did not like the chant. I then noticed many marchers around me holding their hands in the air in the peace sign, also directed at the pro-lifers...yet still chanting the same chant...it seemed very contradictory to me. So I then vascillated between being silent but holding my hand in a peace sign, and chanting while giving the peace sign, too. I was feeling very torn by the whole thing.

I was surprised, I must admit, to see the pro-lifers being so quiet and calm; I had been expecting viscious yelling and Bible-brandishing. Instead, the pro-lifers seemed genuinely heartbroken at/for/because of all of us pro-choicers marching in support of what they believe is murder (which I don't), and because of this, I felt more compassionate for the pro-lifers than I had expected to feel. As soon as we passed them and our loud chanting died down, I marched silently for several minutes, my stomach in knots, just reflecting upon it all...



0 comment(s): (ANONYMOUS ok -but mind our rules, please)                                      << HOME