an After abortion

3,400 confidential and totally free groups to call and go to in the U.S...1,400 outside the U.S. . . . 98 of these in Canada.
Free, financial help given to women and families in need.More help given to women, families.
Helping with mortgage payments and more.More help.
The $1,950 need has been met!CPCs help women with groceries, clothing, cribs, "safe haven" places.
Help for those whose babies haveDown Syndrome and Other Birth Defects.
CALL 1-888-510-BABY or click on the picture on the left, if you gave birth or are about to and can't care for your baby, to give your baby to a worker at a nearby hospital (some states also include police stations or fire stations), NO QUESTIONS ASKED. YOU WON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE or even have to tell your name; Safehaven people will help the baby be adopted and cared for.

Wednesday, December 1, 2004

Separationist is the word that social critic Mary Eberstadt uses to describe feminists who practice (in their own lives) and advocate (as a matter of policy) lifestyles that separate children from their mothers. (Reading this, I thought of another kind of separation that starts earlier, and is more immediately destructive to the child.) Psychologists who write about post-abortion trauma say that one of the most common emotional consequences of abortion is difficulty bonding with subsequent children. I wonder how many moms who have abortions and go on to have children end up leading lives largely separate from those children--giving the children a daycare, latchkey childhood.

0 comment(s): (ANONYMOUS ok -but mind our rules, please)                                      << HOME