an After abortion

REAL, CONFIDENTIAL, FREE, NON-JUDGMENTAL HELP TO AVOID ABORTION, FROM MANY PLACES:
3,400 confidential and totally free groups to call and go to in the U.S...1,400 outside the U.S. . . . 98 of these in Canada.
Free, financial help given to women and families in need.More help given to women, families.
Helping with mortgage payments and more.More help.
The $1,950 need has been met!CPCs help women with groceries, clothing, cribs, "safe haven" places.
Help for those whose babies haveDown Syndrome and Other Birth Defects.
CALL 1-888-510-BABY or click on the picture on the left, if you gave birth or are about to and can't care for your baby, to give your baby to a worker at a nearby hospital (some states also include police stations or fire stations), NO QUESTIONS ASKED. YOU WON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE or even have to tell your name; Safehaven people will help the baby be adopted and cared for.

Wednesday, February 9, 2005

A batch of new stories have been posted at the I'm Not Sorry website. I randomly read a few and I give the site's owner credit for not editing the stories or posting stories which will make people feel warm and fuzzy about the site's celebration of choice.

For instance, in Rhonda's Story, Rhonda says:

I've had irregular cycles as long as I can remember so my 4 abortions were done between 5 and 6 months. They are part of life and even though they weren't painless each one gave me the satisfaction that I'd done the right thing...Late abortion is not fun but is definitely needed for people like me.


Some pro-choice advocates agree that it would be better if abortion rates were low, and believe that the way to get there is through information and access to contraception. Many abortion clinics provide good contraceptive counseling when you're there for an abortion.

Rhonda's story, and Harriet's Story and Claire's Story are three of the four narratives I read at I'm Not Sorry this morning.

These stories suggest that good contraceptive education is less than the full answer to making abortion rare.

0 comment(s): (ANONYMOUS ok -but mind our rules, please)                                      << HOME