an After abortion

REAL, CONFIDENTIAL, FREE, NON-JUDGMENTAL HELP TO AVOID ABORTION, FROM MANY PLACES:
3,400 confidential and totally free groups to call and go to in the U.S...1,400 outside the U.S. . . . 98 of these in Canada.
Free, financial help given to women and families in need.More help given to women, families.
Helping with mortgage payments and more.More help.
The $1,950 need has been met!CPCs help women with groceries, clothing, cribs, "safe haven" places.
Help for those whose babies haveDown Syndrome and Other Birth Defects.
CALL 1-888-510-BABY or click on the picture on the left, if you gave birth or are about to and can't care for your baby, to give your baby to a worker at a nearby hospital (some states also include police stations or fire stations), NO QUESTIONS ASKED. YOU WON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE or even have to tell your name; Safehaven people will help the baby be adopted and cared for.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Daffodils and Dildos: American Cancer Society in (Flower) Bed with Planned Parenthood

It’s that time of year again. Time to buy daffodils from American Cancer Society and go on Relays for Life to help raise money to help people with cancer.

But only some people, not all who are or will be stricken with cancer.

Recall the comment I made recently, about “being up to my eyeballs in the abortion/breast cancer (ABC) link issue personally”?

My church’s youth group had an “open recreation” night this past Sunday. Five days before, on Tuesday, I learned that an ACS representative would “be coming to our Open Rec to speak about the annual Relay for Life.”

I emailed back to our assistant youth group director (a dear friend of mine), asking if she didn’t recall what my state’s ACS people did to me 2 years ago, when I silently protested at the Relay:

“How can we be having this person speak to our teens when ACS outrageously denies the link between abortion and increased risk of breast cancer and even tried to violate my free speech rights when I silently protested their relay 2 year ago?”

This was what happened (I’d sent this news in a May 13, 2003 email newsletter to both my friend and my priest friend, the Youth Group Director):

(Read more...)

0 comment(s): (ANONYMOUS ok -but mind our rules, please)                                      << HOME