an After abortion

REAL, CONFIDENTIAL, FREE, NON-JUDGMENTAL HELP TO AVOID ABORTION, FROM MANY PLACES:
3,400 confidential and totally free groups to call and go to in the U.S...1,400 outside the U.S. . . . 98 of these in Canada.
Free, financial help given to women and families in need.More help given to women, families.
Helping with mortgage payments and more.More help.
The $1,950 need has been met!CPCs help women with groceries, clothing, cribs, "safe haven" places.
Help for those whose babies haveDown Syndrome and Other Birth Defects.
CALL 1-888-510-BABY or click on the picture on the left, if you gave birth or are about to and can't care for your baby, to give your baby to a worker at a nearby hospital (some states also include police stations or fire stations), NO QUESTIONS ASKED. YOU WON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE or even have to tell your name; Safehaven people will help the baby be adopted and cared for.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I think I speak for Emily when I say, flatly, unequivocally, that Eric Rudolph is, was and always will be grossly wrong for what he did, in all his criminal actions.

My heart breaks for the policeman killed and his family, the abortion clinic worker who was maimed and her family, and all Rudolph's victims. I'd gotten to know one of the police officers well enough, down at my nearby abortion clinic, and he was a great, affable, wonderful guy. He'd even protected us one day from a peace-disturbing abortion clinic security guard. All the officers ever assigned down there were great.

Rudolph. is. dead. wrong.

"Deadly force" was not his to wield. No kind of force was his, or is anyone's, to wield in opposition to abortion. I've said it before and I'll say it again till I die: he got the message of "RESPECT LIFE" completely wrong. If he was a Christian, he got the message of Christ completely wrong.

One cannot be "pro-life" and pro-death. It simply is impossible. Rudolph was pro-death. And he played God. He was wrong. He couldn't have been more wrong.

Prayers and thoughts for those he killed or hurt and their families, please, from all of us, bloggers and readers. I especially am awed and humbled by the widow of the policeman, Robert “Sande” Sanderson, who said,
“I want to tell you there is no punishment in my opinion great enough for Eric Rudolph. When Eric Rudolph leaves this earth and has to face final judgment, I'm going to leave the final judgment in God's hand.”
She is right on both counts. A lady of grace, she is. I don't know that I could have said that, much less thought that, were I in her shoes.

0 comment(s): (ANONYMOUS ok -but mind our rules, please)                                      << HOME