an After abortion

REAL, CONFIDENTIAL, FREE, NON-JUDGMENTAL HELP TO AVOID ABORTION, FROM MANY PLACES:
3,400 confidential and totally free groups to call and go to in the U.S...1,400 outside the U.S. . . . 98 of these in Canada.
Free, financial help given to women and families in need.More help given to women, families.
Helping with mortgage payments and more.More help.
The $1,950 need has been met!CPCs help women with groceries, clothing, cribs, "safe haven" places.
Help for those whose babies haveDown Syndrome and Other Birth Defects.
CALL 1-888-510-BABY or click on the picture on the left, if you gave birth or are about to and can't care for your baby, to give your baby to a worker at a nearby hospital (some states also include police stations or fire stations), NO QUESTIONS ASKED. YOU WON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE or even have to tell your name; Safehaven people will help the baby be adopted and cared for.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My local paper every week has a "TalkBack" question, to which readers can phone or email their short responses. Last week's was whether we thought Intelligent Design should be taught in schools. (73%, or 8 out of 11 printed responses, said "Yes." They printed mine too.)

This week's question is "If you could travel back in time, where and what time period would you visit?" The unasked question, I suppose, is "And why?"

I wrote:
I'd go back to 1979, when I was a junior at a Connecticut university, so that, no matter how much I was afraid of losing everything else, I could decide NOT to have the abortion I had then so that my only daughter would now be celebrating her 26th birthday and my son would have the sibling he's always wanted.
I hope they print it. I admit I am skeptical, though, that they will.

UPDATE 10/12/05: They printed it. Will wonders never cease?

0 comment(s): (ANONYMOUS ok -but mind our rules, please)                                      << HOME