an After abortion

REAL, CONFIDENTIAL, FREE, NON-JUDGMENTAL HELP TO AVOID ABORTION, FROM MANY PLACES:
3,400 confidential and totally free groups to call and go to in the U.S...1,400 outside the U.S. . . . 98 of these in Canada.
Free, financial help given to women and families in need.More help given to women, families.
Helping with mortgage payments and more.More help.
The $1,950 need has been met!CPCs help women with groceries, clothing, cribs, "safe haven" places.
Help for those whose babies haveDown Syndrome and Other Birth Defects.
CALL 1-888-510-BABY or click on the picture on the left, if you gave birth or are about to and can't care for your baby, to give your baby to a worker at a nearby hospital (some states also include police stations or fire stations), NO QUESTIONS ASKED. YOU WON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE or even have to tell your name; Safehaven people will help the baby be adopted and cared for.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Reporters don't get a story every time they go out looking for one, so they're an expensive part of news-gathering and a luxury that all three networks have cut down on.
So that's the problem! News media entities think they're being frivolous by having enough good reporters!

Wow. Now I understand.

Disclaimer: The above is reliable if indeed Andy Rooney can be relied on for factual news of any kind.

He also posits that
You could get a good, experienced reporter for $250,000.
Wow again. Where do I sign up?

He's expounding on what his boss, Les Moonves at CBS News could do with the $20 million they plan instead to pay Katie Couric to take over for the anchor seat none-too-quickly vacated by Dan Rather and now ably-filled by Bob Schieffer.

He laments when Larry Tisch took over CBS and fired 200 people and cut the Evening News budget by more than half.

And here I was, naively wondering why evening television news was now a "News Buffet" instead of real, meaty, 100%-accurate, 100% thorough news, like the one-hour Lehrer News Hour?

Silly me.

Cue the music for this profit-taking saga (apologies to Billy Joel):
I am the entertainer
And I know just where I stand
Another serenader
And another [short]-haired band
Today I am your champion
I may have won your hearts
But I know the game, you'll forget my name
And I won't be here in another year
If I don't stay on the charts

I am the entertainer
And I've had to pay my price
The things I did not know at first
I learned by doin' twice
Ah, but still they come to haunt me
Still they want their say
So I've learned to dance with a hand in my pants
I let 'em rub my neck and I write 'em a check
And they go their merry way

I am the entertainer
Been all around the world
I've played all kinds of palaces
And laid all kinds of girls
I can't remember faces
I don't remember names
Ah, but what the hell
You know it's just as well
'Cause after a while and a thousand miles
It all becomes the same

I am the entertainer
I bring to you [rightwing wrongs]
I'd like to spend a day or two
But I can't stay that long
No, I've got to meet expenses
I got to stay in line
Gotta get those fees to the [newswire] agencies
And I'd love to stay but there's bills to pay
So I just don't have the time

I am the entertainer
The idol of my age
I make all kinds of money
When I go on the [TV] stage
Ah, you've seen me in the papers
I've been in the magazines
But if I go cold I won't get sold
I'll get put in the back in the discount rack
Like another can of beans
Or Dan Rather.

0 comment(s): (ANONYMOUS ok -but mind our rules, please)                                      << HOME