an After abortion

REAL, CONFIDENTIAL, FREE, NON-JUDGMENTAL HELP TO AVOID ABORTION, FROM MANY PLACES:
3,400 confidential and totally free groups to call and go to in the U.S...1,400 outside the U.S. . . . 98 of these in Canada.
Free, financial help given to women and families in need.More help given to women, families.
Helping with mortgage payments and more.More help.
The $1,950 need has been met!CPCs help women with groceries, clothing, cribs, "safe haven" places.
Help for those whose babies haveDown Syndrome and Other Birth Defects.
CALL 1-888-510-BABY or click on the picture on the left, if you gave birth or are about to and can't care for your baby, to give your baby to a worker at a nearby hospital (some states also include police stations or fire stations), NO QUESTIONS ASKED. YOU WON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE or even have to tell your name; Safehaven people will help the baby be adopted and cared for.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

There’s a song I love—Jesus, Lover of My Soul. Every time, I hear it, I am reminded how God never forces His love on me. But perhaps the Parable of the Prodigal Son explains God’s Love best. The Father wants us to come home, but He waits for us, yearning. He doesn’t send out a search party. God knows forced love is really no love at all. Forced love draws out our resentment, perhaps even hatred, for we know we are being manipulated into caring for someone. True love allows us to choose. The Father waits until we decide to seek Him. When we take just one step toward Him, He sees us from afar and meets us in a run. He is overjoyed we have decided to embrace Him.

He embraces us with appropriate love. Nothing is ever mentioned about the amount of time we took in deciding to bestow our love. He is happy simply with our presence. He doesn’t keep the love a secret. Instead, He lets everyone know we are in His presence and prepares a feast to share His commitment to us.

As a sexual abuse survivor, I am deeply moved with knowing God loves me without manipulating me. I grew up knowing “love” as a way for others to get their needs met—sexual and emotional--without regard for my own needs. Even now in my healthy relationships, my husband and my children and my friends—they all expect something of me as I do them. But God loves me without any regard for His own needs. After all, He has all He needs. As my spiritual director once told me, if I never said another prayer in my life, God would still love me and bless me, for He loves me unconditionally, expecting nothing in return. He loved me first with a love that doesn’t need to be requited. To think that God loves me whether I love him or not just melts my heart. God has only my best interests in mind, which means never forcing my soul to do anything. No one, absolutely no one on earth loves me in this way, nor am I capable of loving anyone in this way. I cannot help but love such a God.

0 comment(s): (ANONYMOUS ok -but mind our rules, please)                                      << HOME