Sarah Palin is not so unusual, really.
Nor is the mom who also decided to keep her baby with DS, who we were asked to help, here, in 2004, whose little girl will be 4 this coming January.
No, contrary to the media pile-on, Sarah Palin has a good deal of kindred company:
- A Joy Like No Other by Michelle
(Baby Ciarra was later featured in this article on www.brilliantbaby.com, whose author asked the question, "If Ciarra who has Down Syndrome could read at five years old, what would happen if most parents would stimulate their babies the same way as [her mom] Michelle did?" Indeed.
- Our Trisomy 21 World, by Diane and John, who started Hidden Treasures: The Trisomy 21 Journey blog about their little "Emmy" (the spoken initials ME, for MaryEllen), and another blog about making friends with Erin, another child with DS and her family, Erin and MaryEllen's Excellent Adventures:Also they're members of T21RomanCatholics.
- Madison's Special Journey by Amy
- Miracle! by Dorothy
- The Girl of My Dreams by Penny
- Unconditional Love by Kimberly
The only problem is: this list keeps growing and I can't keep up with it!
And those are just the ones who felt inspired to write about their stories. Who knows how many more such stories there are, really?
From our original post January 2006