The Venice film festival showcases two films with abortion themes. The Guardian reviews each: What Solondz did next and Vera Drake.
Life after abortion: News, opinion, personal experience, resources.
REAL, CONFIDENTIAL, FREE, NON-JUDGMENTAL HELP TO AVOID ABORTION, FROM MANY PLACES:
|3,400 confidential and totally free groups to call and go to in the U.S...1,400 outside the U.S.||. . . 98 of these in Canada.|
|Free, financial help given to women and families in need.||More help given to women, families.|
|Helping with mortgage payments and more.||More help.|
|The $1,950 need has been met!||CPCs help women with groceries, clothing, cribs, "safe haven" places.|
|Help for those whose babies have||Down Syndrome and Other Birth Defects.|
|CALL 1-888-510-BABY or click on the picture on the left, if you gave birth or are about to and can't care for your baby, to give your baby to a worker at a nearby hospital (some states also include police stations or fire stations), NO QUESTIONS ASKED. YOU WON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE or even have to tell your name; Safehaven people will help the baby be adopted and cared for.|
Tuesday, September 7, 2004
NOTICES: Freedoms of Religion/Speech/Press, Copyrights, Fair Use, at bottom
Contra o Aborto
Brasileña Nacional en español Blogroll
Internacional en español Blogroll
Contributors -- Email
- For immediate confidential help, call toll-free 24/7:
- 1-866-482-5433     or
- CANADA: 96 centres
- Suicide Hope Lines: U.S.A. (by state) or call 1-800-Suicide (784-2433)
- Suicide Help - Canada: "If you can't find a crisis centre near you, any of the 24-hour toll free numbers in your province will be able to help."
- UK, ROI: 08457 90 90 90 , www.samaritans.org.uk
- Suicide Helplines in over 40 other countries
WHO WE AREHiatus Interruptus
NATIONAL REVIEW Online's The Corner ~ Kathryn Jean Lopez links to Ap blog, 1/22/07
Associated Press/San Francisco Chronicle: Banno On Boxer and the Illegal Abortion Deaths Urban Legend    *** and ***
San Diego Union Tribune: original San Diego Union Tribune article back online
Ellen Goodman retraction impetus: Aa blog initiates The Straight Dope coverage...and is listed in National Review Senior Editor Ramesh Ponnuru's book The Party of Death, p. 255, Chap. 3 Endnote #11,   4/2006
NY Daily News: "Atheist's Site Is All The Rave
"After Abortion,...run by Emily Peterson and Annie Banno, two women who had abortions in the 1970s, ...tries to avoid the political tug-of-war that tends to come with this turf. They concentrate instead on discussing the troubling personal effects of abortion on the mothers." ~ Eric Scheske, Godspy contributing editor, in NC Register's "Signs of Life in the Blogosphere", 2/2006
"Godbloggers could, in the best of worlds, become the new apologists...[including] laymen with day jobs: Emily Peterson and Annie Banno, for instance, at the blog After Abortion..."~ Jonathan V. Last, The Weekly Standard online editor, in First Things's "God on the Internet", 12/2005
Amy Welborn, at BeliefNet, links to AfterAbortion blog's Freakonomics, Crime & Abortion Series
Catholic News Service: Silent counterprotest at the March For Choice
PREGNANT & need help?
COMMENTING RULESincluding Harris Protocol - Correspondence is bloggable unless you request otherwise.
ABORTION PUNDIT blog:    The "sibling" blog to After Abortion (discussing politics, law, morality, debate, including a HUGE sidebar of links by group/demographic/ community/science/you name it, on all life-issues)
Abortion in the arts:TV      Poetry      Songs       Novels
Pro-Life Celebrities     Movies
Resources for healingHope after Abortion
Ideas for Healing
Rachel's Vineyard Retreats
(non-Christians, even non-religious do attend; they also have interdenominational retreats designed expressly for people of any religion or no religion)
"Entering Canaan" - a ministry of reverence for women and men who suffer following an abortion Ramah
Books that help
In Our Midst
For MEN - Resources List
** UPDATED 2015 **
Message boards, chat rooms &
e-groups ** UPDATED 2015 **
Regional & local resources
** UPDATED 2015 **
Resources for informationLinks to medical research
Planned Parenthood's 2003-2004 Annual Report
The Elliot Institute
Women's Health after Abortion
Amazon Books List: Healing After Abortion
DOWN SYNDROME RESOURCES & Adoption Groups
When Life Begins - by Real Geneticists, Med.School Textbooks, Molecular Biologists, SCIENTISTS
- Does getting an abortion hurt?
- How will I feel after an abortion?
- Any emotional problems after abortion?
- Does abortion cause breast cancer?
- Does abortion increase ectopic/tubal pregnancy later?
- Will abortion affect my ability to have a child in the future?
- Does abortion/ multiple abortions cause premature birth, miscarriage, low infant birth weight later?
- Does abortion cause birth defects later?
- Does abortion increase infant death risk later?
- More women die from childbirth than from abortion.
- Women only die from illegal abortions.
- If abortion is illegal, more women will die than the 78,000 dying now.
- It's my body; this doesn't affect anyone else.
- You'll go right back to being the person you were before.
- My reproductive rights/right to privacy are in the Constitution.
- How many people really would adopt my baby, if I didn't have an abortion?
- And who would help me with the cost of having the baby and arranging the adoption?
- Anti-choicers are just racist. Minorities aren't any more impacted by or having more abortions than whites.
"Koop Report" On Abortion
Koop Rept: MedPundit changed
22 studies, events since Koop Abortion in APA's DSM as a cause of PTSD, for 7 years
Birth Control: Health Studies, News
FORCED or COERCED ABORTIONS: a running list of cases
Other links of interestMiscellaneous resources
ActivismWomen Deserve Better
Silent No More
Clear Pro-Life Thinking
Abortion & Breast Cancer
Speakers List, Students for Life of America
STILL CAN'T FIND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR? We've probably linked to it here... * OR * Click this box to review our archives:
(unlike top of page):
FREEDOM OF RELIGION, FREEDOM OF SPEECH, FREEDOM OF THE PRESS NOTICES: From its inception in 2003 forward, the postings on this site are the co-bloggers' own personal opinions, observations and research, do not reflect or represent the views of any employer(s), past, present or future, nor do/will they relate in any manner to said employer(s) or their businesses at any point in time. The writings expressed herein are protected expression by virtue of the First Amendment of the United States of America and by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, in particular Articles 18 and 19, signed by the U.S.A. in 1948:
1) The First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
"The Free Exercise Clause reserves the right of American citizens to accept any religious belief and engage in religious rituals. The wording in the free-exercise clauses of state constitutions that religious “[o]pinion, expression of opinion, and practice were all expressly protected” by the Free Exercise Clause. The clause protects not just religious beliefs but actions made on behalf of those beliefs. More importantly, the wording of state constitutions suggest that “free exercise envisions religiously compelled exemptions from at least some generally applicable laws.” The Free Exercise Clause not only protects religious belief and expression; it also seems to allow for violation of laws, as long as that violation is made for religious reasons."
2) Article 18 of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, signed by the U.S.A. in 1948, states: "Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance."
3) Article 19 of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights: "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of the physical, emotional, social and spiritual negative effects of abortion on women, men and families, and to provide resources for help and information to anyone experiencing these effects or trying to help those who are. This constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit or compensation of any kind.
Copyright © 2003-2021 After Abortion Blog. All Rights Reserved. This blog, its sister blog AbortionPundit Blog and all their contributors are not and have not ever been affiliated with or working with AfterAbortion.org, The Elliott Institute or Dr. David Reardon.
"Skews" Reporting ™ is a trademark of Annie Banno Copyright © 2004 - 2021. All Rights Reserved. All original content by the weblog author(s) is protected by copyright(s). This includes writings, artwork, photographs, and other forms of authorship protected by current U.S. Copyright Law, especially as described in Sections 102(a) and 103. PERMISSION GRANTED FOR UNLIMITED BUT NON-COMMERCIAL AND ONLY RESPECTING-ALL-HUMAN-LIFE USE. CREDIT REQUIRED. No rights in any copyrighted material, whether exclusive or non-exclusive, may be transferred in the absence of a written agreement that is the product of the parties' negotiations, fully approved by independent counsel retained by the author(s) and formally executed with manual signatures by all parties to the agreement pursuant to the statutory requirements of Section 204(a) of current U.S. Copyright Law, Federal Copyright Act of 1976, appendices and provisions.